Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things Are Growing More Dire By The Day, My Dear

Everyone knows that our once revered 8.5 x 11" bible of a magazine isn't much too look at or care about anymore. The website is "meh" (read: it makes me want to roll my eyes so hard I appear to have suffered an epilepsy) as well. And since that website was the homepage on my laptop, I knew I had to take the Oregon Trail to brighter, smarter, and just plan better pastures. You know, so my horses could eat better hay and I could churn tastier butter (mmmm, buttteerrrr).

So I went to a certain website that happens to rhyme with Lezebel. Okay, it's obvious. Jezebel. For the longest time (forever), I loved Jez because the writers were intelligent and well-referenced and the commenters were some feisty, empowered feminists who could talk freely about anything from pussy to politics, from condoms to computers, from fucking to foreign diplomacy...you get it.

And so it is a sad day in the world when even Jezbel begins to unfold. It perhaps started a long time ago, or maybe more recently - who knows. What I do know is that we have to act fast and act now because in a very short time there isn't going to be anything left for us. We're going to have to make it ourselves.

So let's get to it guys. The power is yours!

Ya'll like that Captain Planet reference?

E

7 comments:

Lolita Hazed said...

Ooooooooosch. I completely forgot about that.

What do we do? First things first.

Erika said...

First things first, we SKYPE and we plan. The only question is...when?

Lolita Hazed said...

Still down for Sunday? Better yet I'll try and figure out how the hell this video thing works.

Erika said...

Yeah, Sunday is good for me. And yeah, we have got to figure out how the video thing works. Fer sure.

MACK said...

sunday is good for me too. let me know about details!

and if skype is still being an ass about multiple camera conferences, everyone should hit up oovoo.com and DL the program. its just like skype but i've used it and it allows you to vod conference with up to 6 cameras. everyone sees/hears everyone. time?

MACK said...

oh, and its free!

Mari said...

are you talking about Missbehave?